Time and Day Tracker
Time and Day Tracker-preset-20170807_2152.zip
Educational level: Any
Licence: Creative Commons
Tags: Database, Calculation, Sum, Total, Time, Day, Tracker, spreadsheet, Layout, CSS
A database activity for tracking time spent working on various projects.
Modified by AL Rachels based on the Time Tracker preset.
- Each entry can be used for only one calendar day.
- Someone who works a shift that starts late one day and continues past midnight, e.g. from 20:00 to 04:00, will have to make two entries. From day one 20:00 to 24:00 and day two 00:00 to 04:00.
- The drop down menus for Start at, End at, and Task can be changed to suit the situation.
- Start time hour begins at 00 and goes to 23.
- Start time minutes begin at 00, goes to 55, with an interval of 5 minutes.
- End time hour begins at 00 and goes to 24.
- End time minutes begin at 00, goes to 55, with an interval of 5 minutes.
- The Task menu names SHOULD be changed to suit the situation. However, if you want to use any number from 0 to 24, it is best to spell it out. If you don't use search to limit the View list, may run into a situation where the task name number is added to the Total time, which results in displaying NaN day NaN:Nan hours.
- Since the day is assumed to end at midnight, trying to enter a time greater than 24:00 will cause the time to be flagged, Error! If the user then correctly changes the time, the flag is removed. If the user saves the flagged entry, the time Spent is flagged as an Error! in both the View list and View single pages.
- Since a task time cannot end before it starts or has a duration of 0 time, trying to do so results in the time Spent being flagged as an Error! If the user then correctly changes the time, the flag is removed. If the user saves the flagged entry, the time Spent is flagged as an Error! in both the View list and View single pages.
All other normal database capabilities, such as groups, grading, etc., work as expected.
Check AL's posts about this preset here.
Entry added by William Lu
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 6:45 AM
Last modified - Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 7:17 AM